Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Blueprint - A Stage Chemistry


In my Stage Chemistry course, which is a course about learning the production process of theatre and how learning about theatre production changes your perception and experience of the world. This course has come to exist through the partnership with The Goodman Theatre in Chicago. For our first action project, we were assigned to pick a place, adapt that place into a theatre and create a blueprint for it. The purpose of this action project was to create a blueprint of our theatre and use logic and mathematics to justify the decisions we made along the way. I learned how to use conditional statements. A conditional statement is a If-then statement (a logical connector). Even though, this project required tedious work, I enjoyed working on this project. I am proud of the drawings on my blueprint.

Below is my blueprint, and my reflection.


The Fassaes Theatre Blueprint



The Monomonee Club is a not-for profit boys and girls club that help children have fun by offering a variety of recreational programs. The building is located downtown and is near nice restaurants and other theatres such as the IO and the Steppenwolf Theatre. It also has a large parking lot. I chose the Fassaes studio in the Menomonee building because I had easy access to it. Conveniently enough, the Fassaes studio also had many of the theatrical components I wanted in my theatre, such as a lighting system and the sound quality. Since people already attend the Monomonee Club I would already have a customer source. I encountered a lot of problems measuring, but I solved it by collaborating with other classmates.







No comments:

Post a Comment