Friday, May 27, 2016

Physical ED


West Loop Athletic Club 

In order for me to complete my 0.12 credit hours for physical education credits. I took a CPR training course, titled Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers, aka BLS. BLS is a course designed to provide healthcare professionals with the ability to provide CPR, use an AED (automated external defibrillator), recognize several life-threatening emergencies, and relieve choking. By taking this course I learned how to perform CPR on children, adults, and infants with 1 and 2 rescuers. In my First Aid for the basic rescuer course, I learned about the difference between stroke and Bell's Palsy and how to identify them. I learned about the first basic aid for burns, allergies (epi pens), chemical eye burns, deep cut care, and nose bleeds.

I will be graduating soon and I want to become a more fit individual. I want to adopt the exercising lifestyle and so I began by learning the purpose of exercising, proper form while exercising, dieting, heart rate, and the importance of maintaining balance and coordination. Exercising is important because of osteoporosis prevention, mental health, and releases endorphin. I learned the difference between muscle toning and building. I learned how to use kettle bells and dumbbells. I learned how to use the different machines at the gym. Since I don't know how to swim, I took some swimming lessons. I learned how to float, how to start off a stroke, different forms of treading water, and how to breaststroke kick. Also, I learned how great of a workout swimming is. took swimming lessons. Finally, I took an HIIT class and was able increase and decrease my heart rate quickly.




No comments:

Post a Comment