Friday, May 16, 2014

The adventures of Benzoyl peroxide

In my Cure course we were assigned to create our own comic strip focused on a specific medicament and the treatment to a specific disease/disorder. We were instructed to developed our story and characters, following the rubric. The purpose of this action project is to represent the collateral effects of a medicament and its active agent/principle in our comic strip. My comic strip follows the adventures of Benzoyl peroxide, a medicament used to treat acne. I enjoyed learning how to develop a story line. I am proud of completing my comic strip in time.

Below is my comic strip and script, enjoy!




Script:
ACNE
THE ADVENTURES OF BENZOYL PEROXIDE


Characters :

- Michael - A thirty year old ma
- Marshall - Michael's friend
- Benzoyl Peroxide - Represented in the comic strip as a ninja
- Monica - Michael's date
- Hair - Represented in the comic as hair
- Benzoyl peroxide bottle - It's a representation of the benzoyl peroxide bottle.
- Pimple family
- Pimple father


Michael: ( waking up) I am so excited for my date!! (yawning haauughh!)


(walks to the bathroom, and notices a bunch of pimples on his face)


Michael: (trying to pop the zits) OMG!! (angrily) This zit is huge! Monica does not like men with pimples.                                                   What to do?


Michael: (gets an idea) Let me text Marshall, maybe he could help.


(Texting)


Michael: Hey, bro. Have a date, but got a zit. Need help!
(one minute later Michael receives a text back from Marshall)


Marshall: Use benzoyl peroxide!!


Michael: Let's check the cabinet.


(after receiving the text message from Marshall, Michael searches for benzoyl peroxide in his medicine cabinet. He founds the benzoyl peroxide)


Michael: (he applies the cream on his face) Let's see how fast you work.


Benzoyl peroxide bottle: Go soldiers fight, go fight these pinheads!!


Benzoyl peroxide(ninja): I am going to kill these suckers! (loudly) World star.


Mr. Pimple: (frighteningly) Dear god, it is here! Pimples evacuate!!


Mr. Pimple: (angrily) You murdered so many of us already! What have we ever done to you? When will this end?


Mr. Pimple: (bravely) Hey! Over here! It's me you want.


Mr. Pimple: God I return to you!


(As Mr. Pimple is killed Mrs. Pimple wishes her husband farewell)
Pimple family: (crying)  Farewell my love
(After killing all of the pimples, the benzoyl peroxide ninja has a conversation with Hairies (hair))


Hair: (mesmerized by benzoyl peroxide ninja's strength) Benzoyl peroxide you are so cool!
       Why are you so powerful?


Benzoyl peroxide ninja: (proudly) It is because of our active agent Benzoyl peroxide.
                                   Benzoyl peroxide is a topical treatment. It kills bacteria by changing the bacteria anaerobic system into an aerobic system.
                                    Unfortunately, we can also cause some damages.
Side effects:
- Dry skin
- Redness
- Swollen
Michael: (happily) OMG! My confidence is through the roof!!
Yes, the benzoyl peroxide left my skin dry and a little red, but I can use Aveeno, my moisturizing lotion to solve that.
             OMG, my date with Monica will be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment