Monday, May 16, 2016

Biceps Curl


In my Endurance course, we were assigned to take on a physical, mental, or spiritual mission. We were assigned to work on our mission for at least 12 hours. We documented each hours with 10-second videos messages. For our action project we had to transform those messages into a 2 to 4 minute video to be shared with the world. The purpose of this action project was to have a taste of what a mission feels like, by working on it for at least 12 hours. I enjoyed taking my high intensity class, It was very fun.

Below is my video:




My mission was to learn more about exercising and get in the habit of exercising. My guiding question was : What are some of the benefits of exercising? Next year I will be going to college and I had plans to be more active and adopted the exercising lifestyle. This project was a catalyst for those plans. This project enabled me to have a glimpse of what adopting that exercising/active lifestyle would be like. I don't exercise at all, so this 12 hours challenge was a huge leap of faith. This assignment gave me the opportunity to give exercising a shot. The health benefits of regular exercising and physical activity are hard to ignore. Exercising helps combat health conditions and diseases both mental and physical and improve your mood. I was a bit nervous to partake in the high intensity class with my trainer. Though I made it through the class, I was extremely sore 12 hours after the course. I should have started small. I was so sore that I had troubles walking and was unable to pursue my original plan of enduring 12 hours of physical activities. Instead of purely enduring physical activity I enduring mental activities as well. I exercised my brain by playing games such as duo-lingo and 2048 for the remaining 6 hours. I was able to freshen up on my Spanish and mathematical skills. Overall this was good experience. I learned a lot about myself and was able both my mental and physical boundaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment